- Be aware of the product you are installing into your home. Going with the lowest price may leave you with a poor quality floor.
- Make sure your floors are installed properly. Even the most expensive flooring can look bad if installed incorrectly.
- Get all warranties in writing.
- Be sure to ask about any special care to your new floors.
- Understand that with any flooring project, your house will be temporarily off limits, depending on how big your project.
Increase the Life of Your CarpetTeamDaveLogan.com
There are a few easy tips to help increase the life of your carpets:
- Vacuum at least 1-2 times a week
- Remove stains quickly by using seltzer water or white vinegar mixed with water. Never dig or rub the spot. Absorb as much moisture as possible.
- Have your carpets professionally cleaned every 9-12 months, depending on traffic.
- Have any pet accidents cleaned by a professional.
- Place area rugs in high traffic areas, such as entrances and hallways.
May Your Floors Be Merry and Bright!Flooring America
At Flooring America, our design experts are ready to help you find the perfect floor for the way you live whether you’re completely redecorating or just need a floor to match your existing decor. Check out these tips from our design specialists, just in time for the holidays:Create a focal point
- The holidays are the perfect time to try out a new floor plan. Center your furniture around the fireplace or wherever you hang stockings or stack gifts. If you’re planning a party, arrange furniture in groups to allow for group conversation.The Fifth Wall
- Don’t ignore your floor it’s the fifth wall to any room! Try out new area rugs to match your holiday decor or choose your festive decorations in a few colors that complement your rugs. Silver, blue, white, red, gold, brown, and green are all great colors to try.Decorate the whole house
- Carry your holiday decor throughout every room. Stand up holiday cards on nightstands in every bedroom. Add scented candles and festive knick-knacks to bathrooms and kitchens. Your guests will be pleasantly surprised!Find a flooring company today!
Stop Stains Before They Start
Â Flooring America
Â Between all the different weather elements in Colorado, your kids, your pets, and just normal wear and tear, it’s important knowing how to tackle spills and prevent stains to keep your floors looking beautiful year after year.Â Here are three simple steps to treating stains before they set in:
1)Â Â Â Â Apply a wet, clean, white paper towel with cleaning solution.Â Then use it to dampen the carpet where the spill or stain occurred.
2)Â Â Â Â Absorb any excess liquid from the carpet by pressing straight down with a clean, dry white paper towel.Â Be sure to blot, not rub
3)Â Â Â Â Beginning from the outside of the stain, gently scrape the soiled area with the blunt edge of a spoon until you reach the center.
Â At Flooring America, you'll find a wide selection of carpets built to withstand stains including Resista® carpet, complete with a 10-Year No Exclusions Stain Warranty.* Shop now for big savings on stain-fighting carpet from Flooring America.Find a flooring company today!
Choosing a CarpetTeamDaveLogan.com
How do you choose the right combination of aesthetics, performance and budget when you are choosing new carpet?Â A lot has to do with your lifestyle.Â If you have high traffic areas, a looped Berber carpet or high twist frieze carpet might be the right choice.Â If you are retired and it’s just you and your husband, you could get an elegant Saxony carpet, but it will show footprints.Â Be sure you check out a sample of the carpet you are considering, in your home, before your carpet is laid and before you lay down your money! Choose one of TeamDaveLogan.com’s pre-screened flooring professionals and they can help guide you through the process.Find a flooring company today!
If it seems to you that seams are inevitable, you may be right.Â Carpet comes in 12 foot and 15 foot widths.Â Sometimes, you can find a 13 foot width.Â Unless the room you are planning on carpeting is less than these widths, you guessed it; you will have to have seams.Â If you pick a low profile patterned carpet, the seams may be more noticeable than if you choose a looped carpet.Â The ability to see the seams will all be affected by the texture, lighting, furniture and color of your carpet.Â Choose one of TeamDaveLogan.com’s pre-screened flooring professionals and they can help guide you through the process.Find a carpet specialist today!
Your realtor may have told you that you need to refinish your hardwood floors before putting your house on the market.Â Before you call to have your hardwood floors refinished, you may want to consider what tree species of wood floor you have, what color stain you would like to use and whether you want to use an oil or water based polyurethane.Â Do you want your hardwood floors to have a matte or shiny finish?Â If you don’t know the answers to these questions, a hardwood floor refinishing professional from TeamDaveLogan.com can help!Â Measure out your floors and they can probably give you a round estimate for refinishing your hardwood floors on the phone!Refinish your hardwood floors today!
If you are considering replacing your hardwood floors, determining the species of wood in your cabinets is very important if you want to match your hardwood floors.Â This goes for the trim molding too!Â Most hardwood floor companies will be able to tell you what species of wood you have by testing it in an inconspicuous place.Â Â Most homes in Denver seem to have Red Oak, but call a pre-screened contractor from TeamDaveLogan.com and they’ll be able to tell you for sure!Find a flooring company in your area today!